Tuesday, February 27, 2018

             My ethical dilemma would have to be the right to die. I chose this because my grandma suffered a painful death because the hospital refuse to let her choose her own death. This caused me to want to actually want to do something to try and help these people who want to die with their dignity. The right to die means someone in their right set of mind should be able to choose when they want to die with out someone telling them they can't. ( http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/right-to-die)
            The source of ethical standards I used was making decisions. This is because everyone should be able to make a decision on when and if they pass away sooner then they are suppose to. I sat their and watched my grandmother beg the nurses to just let her die but they refused. she knew she didn't have many days left. She was tired of suffering and hurting everywhere. It was hard just sitting there watching her suffer and beg for her life to be taken away. I also used the ethical standard of putting the approaches together. Many people are against the right to die because they say its going against gods will but I honestly see it different then everyone else.
            If I had to either follow or go against one of the steps for the ethical decision making process, I would be under both Teleological ethical theory and Deontological theory. This is because I would go to jail to help my grandmother not suffer anymore. I would do what she was begging everyone else to do. I wouldn't do it to just kill her I would do it to help her out and stop her suffering. It is against the law for the right to die in South Carolina but it is legal in some other states.
            The right to die would be under stage 5 in the book named "Social Contract and Individual Rights". I chose this because everyone has their individual rights to where they should have the say whether or not they want to die early or not. It takes their dignity away when they get told they can't choose their own decision especial if they are in their right mind. The law is what is keeping these innocent people from taking their life when they decide they want to go. The law doesn't influence my decision it is against it.
            I chose the Right to Die because it impacted my life a lot and this is a big ethical issue. People say its against their religion and its against the law but honestly I think everyone should have a choice.
“9.” Writing and Reading across the Curriculum, by Laurence Behrens and Leonard J. Rosen, 13th    ed., Pearson, 2018, pp. 264–301.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100 percent on this. A person should have the choice to die if they are put into that situation. No one should have to suffer or be so high on pain medication in order to deal with the pain that they are having.

    ReplyDelete

Titanic

The movie Titanic is a drama/disaster film directed by James Cameron. The movie was released on December 19, 1997. Everyone has seen Titan...